Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Final Stretch



Some say time flies, some couldn't agree with it. Well, for me, it's dependent on the situation and state you're in. It's been like, what, 7 months? 2 more months to go. Never mind the 2 months. It's the next 16 days that it all matters. The JCC (Jungle Confidence Course) will be the final stretch of my struggle.

Honestly, I don't know what is actually going on in terms of my back condition. Because I have been taking painkillers and muscle-relaxing pills to subdue the pain and also psychologically ease my mental stress. My mates have been telling me not to, and I personally am aware of the hazards if I were to grow too much of dependency on these drugs. But I know exactly what I am doing. I am doing whatever it takes to get myself through JCC, get the badge and stay on course, and to finally commission. And a doctor that I've seen gave me the green light to do this, so it is not that I'm doing this recklessly.

Patience and perseverance were the key that brought me this far. Just a about a month ago, I was in such a bad condition that it jeopardised my OCS journey. With CSB (Combat Skill Badge) and SEOC (SAFTI Endurance Obstacle Course) lurking near, I was feeling completely helpless. I couldn't train to get myself in condition for these 2 giant hurdles (for an injured personnel like me). I could recall at some point of time, I almost lost patience. It was mind-torturing. Timing myself perfectly when to take the limited supplies of painkillers and muscle-relaxing pills, and also the amount of time required for them to take into great effect, were crucial moments. This injury had somehow taught me how to juggle with what I have despite the tight constraints, and make correct crucial decisions and judgements that would have a mammoth effect on my body.

JCC has been the main reason why I wanted to stay in Infantry and that now it has arrived, I'm raring to go, and I will be giving everything I have to make sure I pull through it. I will not be able to bring painkillers or any sort of medication or drugs for JCC, and I am not sure how my back is going to handle itself. I dug deep within my heart searching for something that I badly need for this final phase, and I found it. It is 'courage'. All I believe is that pain is something that a powerful mind can overcome, and I'm going to do just that.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


FREE service provided by MusicWebTown.com